About me

Gallery

Facebook

27 March 2011

Happy Birthday Dylan

My baby was 6 this week :-(  I can't believe 6 years has passed already.  My little dude is growing up to be a smart, generous and kind little boy and I am so proud of him. When we asked what he wanted for his birthday, he said a real skateboard.  It's now Daddy's job to dust off his old Powell-Peralta and show him how its done.  My heart will be in my stomach every time they take to the concrete and to be honest I'm not sure who I'm more worried about (Tony Hawke still makes it look easy at 40, how hard can it be LOL!).  Thank goodness for elbow pads, knee pads and helmets that's all I'll say!

I couldn't resist using my Hanglar Stanglar image for this card, it was perfect for it. Here's what I came up with:

Supplies:
Stamps: Hanglar Stanglar, Greeting farm sentiment (from My Guy Ian) and Kaiser birthday sentiment
Copics: YR18, 16, 12, 21, E35, 50, 41, 25,57, 000, 00,11 B97, 95, 91 C5,1, YG 67, 63, R20
Paper: Fancy Papers About a boy (orange and brown circles), Birch Haberdashery  (Green), SU Cake Crumb and White
Accessories: Circle dies, SU Twines and brown button
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa 



It's a fairly simple card layout, but I think for boys that's best.   I've coloured the image with Copics and used some buttons and twine for embellishments. I also cut a felt shape with my small circle die (I cut it from a large SU pumpkin pie felt flower) to match the circle theme in the paper.

My good friend Dee has just become a SU demonstrator (you can visit her blog here www. deelishdesigns.com.au) and I've since been reminded how cool their stuff is.  I'd forgotten how nice it was to make simple, clean cards that don't take 4 hours to colour LOL!  As a result my purse is a little lighter and my stamp cupboard a little heavier, so I'm off now to make some cards with my new stuff.  I'll post the goodies later on this afternoon.

have a great weekend
Kirsty x

No comments: