About me

Gallery

Facebook

6 September 2009

This stamp rocks!

IMG_2054I had a workshop last night that was all about Versamark and the many things that can be done with it. I created the card below to show four of those techniques.   The workshop was a group of mums  so I decided on  'Just Jawing' to create a fun kids card.

I've used Orchid Opulence as the main card front and added a basic black layer over the top.  To this I stamped SU 'Gratuitous Graffiti' in versamark and clear embossed.

Next, I wanted to show how to emboss with dye (fast drying) inks.  Firstly I inked my stamp with versa and then with my dye based ink; in this case basic black. The versa extends the drying time and allows the clear embossing powder to stick.  Once heat set, you're left with a crisp, embossed image in the colour of your choice.  The real benefit here is the ability to emboss in a range colours without the need for slow drying inks or coloured embossing powders.

The next technique involved using chalks to colour an image. I stamped the sentiment in versa and simply dabbed chalk over the image to colour it. This is fantastic if you're new to stamping and don't have a huge selection of inks.  Buy a small pack of coloured chalks and you're ready to go!

Finally I stamped the bow image on orchid opulence card with versamark and used heat and stick power to adhere Dazzling Diamonds glitter. Put it all together with a bit of bling and you've got a kids card that rocks!

hugs

Kirsty

No comments: